Your own hair is anchored to your scalp, and it is natural to have minimal shedding(its the way our body gets rid of old hair and replaces it with new hair) With that being said, hair extensions are not anchored to your scalp and therefore, if not handled in a very carful manner excessive shedding can occur. The main cause for excessive shedding is combing the hair roughly from the root to the tip, with a narrow toothed comb. You should always comb your hair
extensions using a large toothed comb, we also recommend flat paddle brushes. while grabbing the hair from the middle, beginning at the end in small strokes and lengthening the stroke until you reach the root of the hair.
To keep your hair looking its best we recommend the following care instructions:
- Wash the hair taking care to keep hair hanging loose, distribute shampoo & conditioner evenly and avoid scrubbing, rubbing or bunching the hair together.
- Use good crème based conditioners and avoid using cheap shampoos & conditioners as they contain more detergent then conditioners and will dry out hair. Remember that this hair is not growing out of the scalp and is not being replenished with natural oils.NOTE: if you are planning to use a hair bonding product, shampoo the hair well but do not use conditioners or styling products prior to applying the extensions
- After washing and conditioning apply a good spray leave on conditioning product, use this product to freshen the hair between washing and never use plain water
- NEVER sleep with the hair wet or damp. Pat excess water from the hair and allow it to dry completely before going to bed, whenever possible let the hair air-dry.
- If you exercise make it a practice of rinsing and conditioning the hair after each workout, shampoo after a workout is not always necessary. Keep in mind salt from perspiration, if allowed to buildup on the hair will strip the hair making it hard and brittle.
- Avoid using alcohol- based products, using excess heat or applying direct heat to the bonded area.
- If you use a blow dryer, dry out the wefted part of the hairpiece first then finish drying the hair from the ends up. Avoid pulling and hair while wet and use a diffusing tool to better circulate the heat.
- Loosen hair every morning and before going to bed. Most tightly curled styles should never be combed, simply shake out curly styles, comb through straight styles and use a wide tooth comb or fingers to loosen wavy hair
*** It is very important to remember that the hair you have just purchased has been chemically processed to create your specific color and texture, it is therefore NOT recommended to color your hair extensions. Additional chemical treatment on hair extensions can make the hair frizzy dull and difficult to manage.